COVID-19 Testing Overview
For the last decade, StemExpress has led the way in biospecimen procurement for the advancement of biomedical research. With our expertise and state-of-the-art facilities, StemExpress has newly partnered with public health departments to provide large scale community testing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
StemExpress staffs 10 community-based testing sites throughout Sacramento County, and is the trusted testing source for state, local, tribal and territorial governments. Our Folsom, CA laboratory is capable of processing 10,000 tests per day – providing a rapid, reliable and seamless testing experience for our valuable community.
To meet public health department needs, StemExpress has designed single-point-of-contact COVID-19 testing that is organized and efficient. Our expert staff handles all aspects of testing from beginning to end. This includes:
- Specialized software that allows for efficient management of patient registration, appointments, and demographics.
- Stocking all testing kits and PPE.
- Our experts collect specimens to send to StemExpress laboratories for testing.
- Strong turnaround times of 24-72 hours.
- Results are reported directly to patients, the county and the state of California.
- All biohazardous waste is removed from sites and disposed of by our team of trained professionals.
- In the case of a positive result, a physician will call the patient directly to provide information and support.