Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (PBMCs) are collected at one of our multi-city FDA-registered Stem Cell Collection Centers by apheresis from healthy IRB consented donors. Using our on-site cell manufacturing facilities, PBMCs are processed to remove remaining red blood cells and platelets. Cell attributes, such as viability, purity, and cell count, are checked to meet rigorous standards ensuring high-quality cells before leaving the facility.
The StemExpress Advantage
Our goal is to provide high-quality products that enable you to easily navigate barriers, enhance quality, and drive success in your research and clinical trials.
Figure 1. Representative flow data of the viability and purity of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from a Leukopak® prior to cryopreservation.
- Low red blood cell, granulocyte, and platelet content
- High-resolution HLA typing available upon request*
- Large lots of PBMCs from a single donor (Avg: 8x109)
- Viral testing for HIV, HBV, and HCV by a CLIA-certified laboratory
- ≥95% viability before cryopreservation
- Customizable from donor selection to delivery
- Variety of vial sizes available
- Donors are recallable every 4 weeks
- Flow analysis available (CD3, CD4, CD8, CD14, CD19 & CD56)*
- Fresh or frozen formats
*Can not be applied to our current frozen inventory.
For custom orders or to speak to one of our sales specialists, Contact Us at 530.303.3828.
What Makes Us Different
We are the direct supplier of all the products we carry, from procuring whole tissue to the isolation of primary cells, no middleman involved.
- Large and assorted selection of products available to cover all aspects of your research
- Robust and diverse donor pool for effortless selection of the right specimen for your research
- Recallable and repeat donors for critical longitudinal studies
- Customizable products that allow flexibility and simplicity in decision making
- Same day delivery in select cities for quick access to the products you need
- Streamlined process from collection through delivery to guarantee operational excellence and consistent quality products
- FDA registered collection centers and laboratories that follow GMP guidelines to ensure high-quality products
- Employ FDA compliant data management software (ERP & QMS) that ensures traceability and accountability
- World-class customer service before, during, and after your purchase
- Yamada et al. (2014) G0S2 Inhibits the Proliferation of K562 Cells by Interacting with Nucleolin in the Cytosol. Leuk Res 38: 210-217. Abstract.
- Yang et al. (2016) Human Umbilical Cord-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Suppress Proliferation of PHA-activated Lymphocytes In Vitro by Inducing CD4+CD25highCD45RA+ Regulatory T Cell Production and Modulating Cytokine Secretion. Cell Immunol 302: 26-31. Abstract.
- Noto et al. (2018) The SRG™ Rat: A Novel SCID Rat for Humanization Studies. AACR 2018 Poster.
Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell Products
Enter discount code PBMC10OFF at checkout.*
*Offer requires a $500 minimum purchase of fresh or frozen Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells and expires October 31, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Procures healthy and diseased human tissue and blood
- Isolates human primary cells
- Processes whole blood/tissue (umbilical cord blood, peripheral blood (healthy and diseased), bone marrow, maternal blood, and mobilized peripheral blood)
- Cultures selected cell types
- Conducts immunophenotyping using flow cytometry
Primary cells are very sensitive to many aspects of the thawing procedure, such as heat, DMSO, agitation, and high centripetal forces. Obtaining high viability after thawing human primary cells can be difficult if not performed quickly and with good laboratory techniques. At StemExpress, our laboratory technicians have years of experience handling and thawing frozen human primary cells and have designed a procedure that will help you obtain the highest viability of your cells. Click Thawing Protocol to access the protocol.
Yes. StemExpress is happy to work with researchers to meet the specific needs of their work.
All over the world. We have a variety of shipping methods to meet your needs. Please inquire for more information.
There are many factors that may influence your decision, such as cell type, cell functionality, and logistical and timing flexibility. We hope that the following article provides the information you require to make a decision in choosing fresh or frozen primary cells for your specific research.