Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are non-hematopoietic stem cells that have the ability of self-renewal and can differentiate into multilineages. The use of MSCs as a promising cell source for treatment of autoimmune, inflammatory, and degenerative diseases can be set apart from other stem cells due to their long-term in vitro culturing, in vitro differentiation potential, immunoregulatory effects, homing ability, and banking/cryopreservation robustness.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
NOT TO BE USED IN HUMANS
High-Quality Mesenchymal Stem Cells
StemExpress Mesenchymal Stem Cells are a well-defined MSC population that complies with ISCT1 recommendations.
- Derived from fresh bone marrow aspirate
- Positive marker panel: ≥90% expression of CD73/CD90/CD105
- Negative marker panel: ≤5% expression of CD14/CD20/CD34/CD45
- Ability to differentiate into osteoblasts, adipocytes, and chondrocytes
- Adherence to plastic
- Guaranteed minimum of 10 population doublings
- Animal Component-Free (ACF) & serum-free culture conditions (optional)
- Negative for HIV, HBV, and HCV
- From healthy IRB consented donors
- 1. Dominici et al. Minimal criteria for defining multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells. The International Society for Cellular Therapy position statement. Cytotherapy. 2006;8(4):315-7.
- Dorcemus and Haus (2018) Growing More Cells: cGMP Culture Environments for High Yield Expansion of MSCs. Biological Industries USA, Application Note.
What Makes Us Different
- Large and assorted selection of products available to cover all facets of your research
- Customizable products that allow flexibility and simplicity in decision making
- Recallable and repeat donors for critical longitudinal studies
- Robust and diverse donor pool for effortless selection of the right specimen for your research
- Same day delivery in select cities for quick access to the products you need
- Streamlined process from collection through delivery to guarantee operational excellence and consistent quality products
- FDA registered collection centers and laboratories that follow GMP guidelines to ensure high-quality products
- Employ FDA compliant data management software (ERP & QMS) that ensures traceability and accountability
- World-class customer service before, during, and after your purchase
Frequently Asked Questions
- Procures healthy and diseased human tissue and blood
- Isolates cells
- Processes whole blood (umbilical cord, adult peripheral, and maternal)
- Cultures selected cell types
- Isolates DNA and RNA
- Conducts immunophenotyping using flow cytometry
Primary cells are very sensitive to many aspects of the thawing procedure, such as heat, DMSO, agitation, and high centripetal forces. Obtaining high viability after thawing human primary cells can be difficult if not performed quickly and with good laboratory techniques. At StemExpress, our laboratory technicians have years of experience handling and thawing frozen human primary cells and have designed a procedure that will help you obtain the highest viability of your cells. Click Thawing Protocol to access the protocol.
NO, our bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells are for research use only and are not approved by the FDA for use in humans.
Yes. StemExpress is happy to work with researchers to meet the specific needs of their work.