Human Primary Cells
Human primary cells are isolated from bone marrow, cord blood, peripheral blood (healthy and diseased), and mobilized peripheral blood. Unprocessed or apheresis products are collected from IRB consented donors at one of our strategically located Stem Cell Collection Centers or at one of our partnering hospitals, and processed at our on-site cell manufacturing laboratory to a specific primary cell type. We streamline the entire workflow, from donor recruitment all the way to shipping the final product, guaranteeing every sample arrives with the highest purity, viability, and quality researchers need to ensure confidence in their results.
The StemExpress Advantage
- Largest and most diverse selection of products available to cover all facets of your research
- Customizable products that allow flexibility and simplicity in decision making
- Recallable donors for critical longitudinal studies
- Same day delivery in select cities for quick access to the products you need
- Streamlined process from collection through delivery to guarantee operational excellence and consistent quality products
- GLP regulatory-compliant collection centers and laboratories to ensure high-quality products
- Employs data management software (ERP & QMS) that ensures traceability and accountability
Types of Primary Cells
Customize Your Cells
- Extensive donor pool
- Diseased donors* & **
- Recallable and repeat donors*
- Specific donor demographics (age, weight, ethnicity, etc.)*
- Donor lifestyle characteristics (BMI, smoker/non-smoker, etc.)*
- Medical history (allergies, medications, etc.)*
- HLA, RhD, and ABO typing available
- Additional infectious disease screening (LCMV, etc.)
*Does not apply to cord blood products.
**Peripheral blood only.
- Positive and negative selection available
- Special processing procedures available
- Customizable cell isolations and culture
- Multiple cell types from the same donor
- Custom vialing sizes and cell counts
FLEXIBLE SHIPPING OPTIONS
- Custom media and buﬀer
- Customizable packaging options
- Cryo shipping available
- FedEx®, World Courier®, UPS®
- Same day delivery in select cities
Frequently Asked Questions
- Procures healthy and diseased human tissue and blood
- Isolates cells
- Processes whole blood (umbilical cord, adult peripheral, and maternal)
- Cultures selected cell types
- Isolates DNA and RNA
- Conducts immunophenotyping using flow cytometry
Primary cells are very sensitive to many aspects of the thawing procedure, such as heat, DMSO, agitation, and high centripetal forces. Obtaining high viability after thawing human primary cells can be difficult if not performed quickly and with good laboratory techniques. At StemExpress, our laboratory technicians have years of experience handling and thawing frozen human primary cells and have designed a procedure that will help you obtain the highest viability of your cells. Click <a href="/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Thawing-Protocol-101017-1.pdf" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><strong>Thawing Protocol</strong></a> to access the protocol.
Yes. StemExpress is happy to work with researchers to meet the specific needs of their work.
All over the world. We have a variety of shipping methods to meet your needs. Please inquire for more information.
Our scientists are well versed in the isolation of human primary cells. They will look into the feasibility of the cell isolation and propose the most cost-effective procedure that yields the highest-quality product. Contact us and let us know what you are looking for.