Human Mobilized Peripheral Blood Primary Cells are collected from healthy IRB consented donors that are injected with Granulocyte-Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF aka Neupogen®), Plerixafor (aka Mozobil®), or a combination of Plerixafor and G-CSF. These mobilization agents increase circulating leukocytes and stimulate the bone marrow to produce a large number of hematopoietic stem cells, which are mobilized into the bloodstream, allowing for large quantities of stem cells and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) to be collected from a single donor.
Your Cells, Your Way!
- Extensive donor pool
- Specific donor demographics (age, weight, ethnicity, etc.)
- Donor lifestyle characteristics (BMI, smoker/non-smoker, etc.)
- Medical history (allergies, medications, etc.)
- HLA, RhD, and ABO typing available
- Additional infectious disease screening (CMV, etc.)
FLEXIBLE DELIVERY OPTIONS
- Custom media/buﬀer
- Customizable packaging options
- Cryo shipping available
- FedEx®, World Courier®, UPS®
- Same day delivery in select cities
Frequently Asked Questions
- Procures healthy and diseased human tissue and blood
- Isolates cells
- Processes whole blood (umbilical cord, adult peripheral, and maternal)
- Cultures selected cell types
- Isolates DNA and RNA
- Conducts immunophenotyping using flow cytometry
We offer G-CSF, Plerixafor, and G-CSF plus Plerixafor options to mobilize the cells from the bone marrow.
StemExpress offers PBMCs and CD34+ stem cells mobilized with G-CSF, Plerixafor, and G-CSF plus plerixafor. The mechanism of action of these mobilization agents, and the combination of them, have been shown to change the expression profile, cell composition, and engraftment potential of the mobilized cells.1,2,3 Therefore, it is important to understand that switching mobilization reagents during a study may also change the mobilized cell type and their effect on studies relating to transplantation and stem cell research.
1. Broxmeyer, et al. (2005) Rapid mobilization of murine and human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells with AMD3100, a CXCR4 antagonist. J Exp Med. 201(8):1307–1318.
2. Larochelle, et al. (2006) AMD3100 mobilizes hematopoietic stem cells with long-term repopulating capacity in nonhuman primates. Blood. 107(9):3772–3778.
3. Lidonnici, et al. (2017) Plerixafor and G-CSF combination mobilizes hematopoietic stem and progenitors cells with a distinct transcriptional profile and a reduced in vivo homing capacity compared to plerixafor alone. Haematol. 102(4):120-124.
Primary cells are very sensitive to many aspects of the thawing procedure, such as heat, DMSO, agitation, and high centripetal forces. Obtaining high viability after thawing human primary cells can be difficult if not performed quickly and with good laboratory techniques. At StemExpress, our laboratory technicians have years of experience handling and thawing frozen human primary cells and have designed a procedure that will help you obtain the highest viability of your cells. Click Thawing Protocol to access the protocol.
Yes. StemExpress is happy to work with researchers to meet the specific needs of their work.
All over the world. We have a variety of shipping methods to meet your needs. Please inquire for more information.