Human maternal blood plasma contains a variety of cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors that allow an effective means of monitoring the health of the fetus and mother. Additionally, cell-free DNA from the fetus is present in maternal plasma and can be used to develop screens and diagnostic tests to determine genetic abnormalities.
Maternal blood is collected from pregnant volunteers participating in Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved donor programs at one of our Stem Cell Collection Centers. All collections follow a standardized collection procedure to guarantee consistency from donor to donor, eliminating variability in the collection procedure. After collection, fresh maternal blood is sent to our FDA-registered cell manufacturing facility where the blood is spun down in order to separate out the plasma fraction.
Your Cells, Your Way!
DONOR SELECTION & TESTING
- Specific donor demographics (age, weight, ethnicity, etc.)
- Donor lifestyle characteristics (BMI, smoker/non-smoker, etc.)
- Varying gestations or multiple pregnancies
- Medical history (allergies, medications, etc.)
- HLA, RhD, and ABO typing available
- Additional infectious disease screening
- Anticoagulant (ACD-A, EDTA or Na-Heparin)
- Streck® tubes
- Client supplied tubes
- 5-30 mL volumes
FLEXIBLE SHIPPING OPTIONS
- Customizable packaging options
- FedEx®, World Courier®, UPS®
- Same day delivery in select cities
- Global shipping
Popular Maternal Blood Plasma Products
Frequently Asked Questions
No. However, infectious disease screening is available.
Yes. We can collect customized requests to meet your study specifications.
We can collect up to 30 ml every 8 weeks.
Yes, we provide this as an option.